D2NA is looking for an experienced IT professional who can deliver technical solutions and IT support both remotely and at customer sites.
D2NA is looking for an experienced IT professional who can:
- Communicate effectively with customers at all levels as well as internal teams (both technical and sales).
- Troubleshoot and solve a wide variety of technical challenges in customer’s IT networks, at the Desktop, Server and Network levels, within agreed service levels, often multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
- Work within the framework of our ISO27001/9001 processes to deliver exceptional quality IT support, exceptional levels of customer service, and exceptional quality technical solutions that exceed the customer’s expectations – to a wide range of customers throughout the UK.
- Work as part of our Service Desk team to support customers’ IT infrastructures.
- Occasionally travel to customer sites throughout the UK to deliver technical solutions and on-site IT support
- You will receive an attractive salary package
- You will receive an outstanding training programme. Training and professional development is central to D2NA’s ethos. A comprehensive training programme will be designed during your probationary period and will be reviewed every 6 months.
- There are rapid career progression opportunities with potential for consultancy, security and management roles
- Flexible working hours
- Role based from home and office (flexible)
- Bike to work scheme
- Rewards scheme
- BYOD scheme
D2NA is a highly successful award-winning Manged IT Services and Cyber Security business about to experience high growth in the next 5 years. This is a new position to support the growth of the company and the career prospects are extraordinary.
The company has a solid sense of team responsibility, with the passion for service delivery being team-centric. We genuinely put our customers first. Being in this team is an awesome opportunity.
We have a culture of excellence and team-reward. It’s an exciting challenging environment where you will have the opportunity to work with some of the leading managers and engineers in their field.
Being a Microsoft Gold partner, we are one of top 1% of partners in the UK. We also have strategic partnerships with VMware, Veeam, Citrix, F-Secure, Meraki and Fortinet.
Based in Staffordshire, we have a UK wide client base including several key clients in London and surrounding areas, and a strong engineering team. We offer tailored solutions to clients ranging from small start-ups to multi-national companies with hundreds of users, in business sectors ranging from manufacturing to healthcare & professional services.
Purpose of the job
You will be implementing technical solutions and providing technical support to customers throughout the UK, both on client sites and remotely, working closely within our technical team. This is primarily an office-based role but there is also some field-based work depending on current project schedules. There is excellent scope within this role for future development.
- You are expected to be competent in all aspects of Windows Server, Windows Desktops, TCP/IP Networking
- You will have experience of working in a customer facing environment, have good communication skills and are responsive to customers’ needs
- You have the ability to work under stress and multi-task
- You ideally have exposure to Cloud infrastructure technologies with a strong desire to develop in these areas and the ability to learn new technologies rapidly
- You are ideally already working for a Managed IT Service Provider
The successful candidate will be someone who has an analytical approach to problem solving, learns new technologies rapidly, responds well to the pressure of tackling multiple demands simultaneously, and is an exceptional communicator.
You will be an all-round IT professional with a proven track record of providing exceptional customer service, implementing a wide range of technical solutions, and have an unquenchable thirst for learning new technologies.
You will have a good understanding of the IT world, including the benefits of pro-active IT support services and virtualisation & cloud services – and be able to communicate the benefits to both technical and business focused people.
Key Tasks & responsibilities
- Providing on-site support to customers as required
- Technical implementation of projects, both on-site and remotely, under the guidance of senior staff
- Working with other D2NA staff to ensure that projects are delivered within agreed parameters and support requests are progressed in accordance with service level agreements
- Timely and accurate documentation of project issues and service issues to the Helpdesk
- Reporting of service issues and project issues to customers and also to other D2NA staff
- Providing 1st/2nd line support to customers, by telephone and email, using remote access tools, and monitoring support email queues to ensure that agreed service levels are met
- Logging new support requests to the Helpdesk, and dealing with new support requests directly as required
- Observation of Server Monitoring Software along with associated support tasks
- Using various methods to monitor customers’ server event logs, check backups and other services, and to otherwise ensure that customers’ IT systems are maintained in peak condition; plus the associated documentation of these tasks in the Helpdesk.
- Proven experience working as a field-based technician and/or a support desk technician (ideally both) with a Managed IT Service Provider in the SME sector or in an IT Department
- Working in a multi-tenanted service desk environment with SLA’s
- Travelling for business in a customer facing role
Training & Development
Training and professional development in is central to D2NA’s ethos. A comprehensive training programme will be designed during your probationary period and will be reviewed regularly. Training will comprise vendor-partner training, formal training towards accreditations with partners such as Microsoft, AWS, VMWare, Fortinet, Cisco, Citrix, and shadowing with other technicians.
Essential Technical Skills
Troubleshooting skills and implementation skills in the following:
- All aspects of Microsoft Server technologies
- Microsoft 365
- TCP/IP Networking, Cisco Meraki
- Desktop support of Microsoft client operating systems
- Network Hardware such as Routers, Switches and Firewalls
Preferred Technical Skills
Training will be provided in the following technologies but as a minimum we expect an understanding of their basic concepts:
- Virtualisation technology such as VMWare
- Veeam (Backup & Replication)
- Citrix (XenDesktop, XenApp, Access Gateway)
- Microsoft Remote Desktop Services
- Enterprise Firewalls (Fortinet, Cisco Meraki)
- Managed Switches (HP, Cisco)
We would expect you to have made some investment into your professional development. Therefore, one or more technical qualifications in any of the key Vendors mentioned above would be preferable. A general vocational IT qualification or a formal IT education would also be an advantage.
Working hours and conditions
You will be contracted to work 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday with a lunch break of one hour. Standard Service Desk hours are 07:00 am – 19:00 pm in which we run 3 shifts: 07:00am – 16:00pm, 08:30am – 17:30pm and 10:00am-19:00pm. Your rota will be defined by the Service Delivery Manager.
From time to time, there may be some evening or weekend work required to cover projects
A Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) (Formerly CRB) check will be performed.
D2NA is an equal opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age or disabled status.