We are looking for an experienced IT professional who can:
- Communicate effectively with customers at all levels as well as internal teams (both technical and sales).
- Troubleshoot and solve a wide variety of technical challenges in customer’s IT networks, at the Desktop, Server and Network levels, within agreed service levels, often multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
- Work within the framework of our ISO27001/9001 processes to deliver exceptional quality IT support, exceptional levels of customer service, and exceptional quality technical solutions that exceed the customer’s expectations - to a wide range of customers throughout the UK.
- Work as part of our Service Desk team to support customers’ IT infrastructures.
- Occasionally travel to customer sites throughout the UK to deliver technical solutions and on-site IT support
- You are expected to be competent in all aspects of Windows Server, Windows Desktops, TCP/IP Networking.
- You will have experience of working in a customer facing environment, have good communication skills and are responsive to customers’ needs.
- You have the ability to work under stress and multi-task.
- You ideally have exposure to Cloud infrastructure technologies with a strong desire to develop in these areas and the ability to learn new technologies rapidly.
- You are ideally already working for a Managed IT Service Provider.
The successful candidate will be someone who has an analytical approach to problem solving, learns new technologies rapidly, responds well to the pressure of tackling multiple demands simultaneously, and is an exceptional communicator.
You will be an all-round IT professional with a proven track record of providing exceptional customer service, implementing a wide range of technical solutions, and have an unquenchable thirst for learning new technologies.
You will have a good understanding of the IT world, including the benefits of pro-active IT support services and virtualisation & cloud services – and be able to communicate the benefits to both technical and business focused people.
Training & Development
Training and professional development in is central to D2NA’s ethos. A comprehensive training programme will be designed during your probationary period and will be reviewed regularly. Training will comprise vendor-partner training, formal training towards accreditations with partners such as Microsoft, AWS, VMWare, Fortinet, Cisco, Citrix, and shadowing with other technicians.
Essential Technical Skills
- Previous experience of providing high quality Desktop Support.
- Understanding and experience of laptop and desktop hardware maintenance.
- Strong analytical skills with excellent attention to detail and high standards.
- Good understanding of the importance of IT management controls, processes, and procedures in the delivery of service.
- Network Hardware such as Routers, Switches and Firewalls
Preferred Technical Skills
Training will be provided in the following technologies but as a minimum we expect an understanding of their basic concepts:
- Virtualisation technology such as VMWare
- Veeam (Backup & Replication)
- Citrix (XenDesktop, XenApp, Access Gateway)
- Microsoft Remote Desktop Services
- Enterprise Firewalls (Fortinet, Cisco Meraki)
- Managed Switches (HP, Cisco)
Working hours and conditions
You will be contracted to work 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday with a lunch break of one hour. Standard Service Desk hours are 07:00 am – 19:00 pm in which we run 3 shifts: 07:00am – 16:00pm, 08:30am – 17:30pm and 10:00am-19:00pm. Your rota will be defined by the Service Delivery Manager.
From time to time, there may be some evening or weekend work required to cover projects
A Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), formerly CRB check will be performed.
D2NA is an equal opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age or disabled status.
- To deliver high quality support services to users of all levels and abilities on a variety of IT issues including Microsoft Windows PCs, Apple products, Microsoft 365, and other mobile devices.
- Being the first point of contact for our clients when in need of support using our ticketing system to record, delegate and track issues.
- Providing telephone and email support for clients within agreed SLAs.
- Connect to client machines for diagnostic and information gathering.
- Guiding clients through possible solutions or working with them to collect more information in order to gain assistance from other colleagues.
- Troubleshooting and resolving customers’ infrastructure and network issues.
- To share responsibility for undertaking routine tasks associated with regular monitoring and maintenance of systems and networks utilising our RMM tools.
- To support other activities that may arise through company growth, evolution, or restructuring.
- To attend and report to internal and external meetings as directed.
- To undertake any necessary training appropriate to the role.
- Carry out other duties appropriate to the role, as directed by the Service Delivery Manager or other senior staff.
- Maintain support documentation used by the Service Desk and end users.
- Technical implementation of projects, both on-site and remotely, under the guidance of senior staff.
We would expect you to have made some investment into your professional development. Therefore, one or more technical qualifications in any of the key Vendors mentioned in the description would be preferable. A general vocational IT qualification or a formal IT education would also be an advantage.
- Proven experience working as a field-based technician and/or a support desk technician (ideally both) with a Managed IT Service Provider in the SME sector or in an IT Department
- Working in a multi-tenanted service desk environment with SLA’s.
- Traveling for business in a customer facing role.
- You will receive an attractive salary package
- You will receive an outstanding training programme. Training and professional development is central to D2NA’s ethos. A comprehensive training programme will be designed during your probationary period and will be reviewed every 6 months.
- There are rapid career progression opportunities with potential for consultancy, security and management roles.
- Role based from home and office (flexible).
- Bike to work scheme.
- BYOD scheme.
- Company events.
- Company pension.
- Free On-site parking.
- Gym membership.