D2NA is looking for an experienced IT professional who can:
- Work as part of our Service Desk team to support customers’ IT infrastructures.
- Fix and solve a wide variety of technical challenges in customer’s IT networks, at the Desktop, Server, Storage, Hypervisor and Network levels, within agreed service levels, often multi-tasking in a dynamic environment
- Work within the framework of ISO9001 and ISO27001 processes to deliver extraordinary quality IT support, exceptional levels of customer service, and exceptional quality technical solutions that exceed the customer’s expectations – to a wide range of customers throughout the UK.
- Communicate effectively with customers at all levels as well as internal teams (both technical and sales).
Purpose of the job
You will be based from our Stoke on Trent office and in the field providing technical support to customers throughout the UK. Working within our technical team you will be responding to emails and phone calls and generating support tickets. You will be responsible for resolving these issues on a first, second and third line basis and escalating any issues that require further support.
- You are expected to be competent in all aspects of Windows Server, Windows Desktops, TCP/IP Networking
- You will have experience of working in a customer facing environment, have good communication skills and are responsive to customers’ needs
- You have the ability to work under stress and multi-task
- You are ideally already working for a Managed IT Service Provider
- You are someone who has an analytical approach to problem solving, learns new technologies rapidly, responds well to the pressure of tackling multiple demands simultaneously, and is an extraordinary communicator.
You will be an all-round IT professional with a consistent record of providing exceptional customer service, implementing a wide range of technical solutions, and have an unquenchable thirst for learning new technologies.
You will have a good understanding of the IT world, including the benefits of IT support services and virtualisation & cloud services – and be able to communicate the benefits to both technical and business focused people.
Key Tasks & responsibilities
- Providing on-site support to customers as required
- Working with other D2NA staff to ensure that projects are delivered within agreed parameters and support requests are progressed in accordance with service level agreements
- Timely and accurate documentation of project issues and service issues to the Helpdesk
- Reporting of service issues and project issues to customers and also to other D2NA staff
- Providing 1st/2nd/3rd line support to customers, by telephone and email, using remote access tools, and monitoring support email queues to ensure that agreed service levels are met
- Logging new support requests to the Helpdesk, and dealing with new support requests directly as required
- Observation of Server Monitoring Software along with associated support tasks
- Using various methods to monitor customers’ server event logs, check backups and other services, and to otherwise ensure that customers’ IT systems are maintained in peak condition; plus the associated documentation of these tasks in the Helpdesk.
- Demonstrable experience working as a support desk technician with a Managed IT Service Provider in the SME sector or in an IT Department
- Working in a multi-tenanted service desk environment with SLA’s
Training & Development
Training and professional development in is central to D2NA’s ethos. A comprehensive training programme will be designed during your probationary period and will be reviewed every 3 months. Training will comprise vendor-partner training, formal training towards accreditations with partners such as Microsoft, VMware and Citrix, and shadowing with other technicians.
Essential Technical Skills
Troubleshooting skills and implementation skills in the following:
- All aspects of Microsoft Server technologies, including Office 365
- Desktop support of Microsoft client operating systems
- Network Hardware such as Routers, Switches and firewalls
- TCP/IP Networking
- Office 365
Preferred Technical Skills
Training will be provided in the following technologies but as a minimum we expect an understanding of their basic concepts:
- Virtualisation technology such as VMWare
- Veeam (Backup & Replication)
- Citrix (XenDesktop, XenApp, Access Gateway)
- Microsoft Remote Desktop Services
- Enterprise Firewalls (Fortinet, Cisco Meraki),
- Managed Switches (HP Procurve, Cisco).
We would expect you to have made some investment into your professional development. Therefore one or more technical qualifications in any of the key Vendors mentioned above would be preferable. A general vocational IT qualification or a formal IT education would also be an advantage.
Working hours and conditions
You will be contracted to work 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday with a lunch break of one hour.
Standard Service Desk hours are 07:00 am – 19:00 pm in which we run 3 shifts: 07:00am – 16:00pm, 08:30am – 17:30pm and 10:00am-19:00pm. Your rota will be defined by the Service Delivery Manager.
From time to time, there may be some evening or weekend work required to cover projects.
A Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) (Formerly CRB) check will be performed.
Key Rewards for this role are:
– £28-35,000 annual salary (dependant on experience)
– 25 days annual leave (exclusive of Bank Holidays)
– A day off on your birthday
– Christmas shopping day
– Free parking
– Company pension
– Flexible benefit scheme
– Rapid career progression opportunities within our growing company
– Bike-to-work scheme
– Regular social events with team days / nights out
– Outstanding training and development programme, including mentoring from our award-winning team
– Company supplied equipment, such as a laptop.
D2NA is an equal opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age or disabled status.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £28,000.00-£35,000.00 per year
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Stoke on Trent, ST3 1EZ